GP Hot Topics North West
GP Hot Topic Events Rochdale
Saturday 15th June, 2019
9:00 - 13:00
Focus on Mental Health & Transgender Matters. Quality learning on the GP topics that matter in day to day practice. Networking and plenty of time for your questions as standard. Programme developed by GPs for GPs – Dr Anita Sharma chairs this event. She is our NW Education Lead and Founder member.
Venue / Address
Norton Grange Hotel
Session 1: Psychosis Update for GPs **extended session by popular demand**
• How best to manage in primary care if there is a delay in hospital follow up
• Case studies
• Prescribing tips with drugs/doses
• How to explain conditions or treatments to patients/carers
• Recent research that has actually changed practice
Speaker: Dr Samir Shah, Consultant Psychiatrist Medical Director, Priory Altrincham
Session 2: Case studies in mental health **fast paced learning session**
• Interactive case studies
• Appropriateness of the referral – a good referral from general practice
• What else can be done before referring the patient?
Consultant Psychiatrist TBC
Session 3: Transgender patients: practical advice for a 10-minute GP consultation
• What should GPs know? What should GPs ask?
• Mythbusting for GPs and Transgender patients in primary care
• What do you need to find out? Tests and monitoring.
• Specialist help, primary care role in the transition process
Speaker: Dr Louise Theodosiou, Consultant Psychiatrist Manchester University NHS Trust
• £25 = GP delegate fee
• £Free to GP Family Doctor Association members
• ££Free to Trainee GP/Practice Nurse