East Lancashire GP Hot Topics
GP Hot Topic Events Clayton le Moors
Saturday 12th October, 2019
9:00 - 13:00
Gender Identity Disorders transsexualism + transvestism, Handling Complaints including Social Media, plus Demystifying the management of type 2 Diabetes
Venue / Address
Clayton le Moors
0930 Welcome : Dr Claire Rushton Vice Chair & Education Lead Family Doctor Association
0935 Gender Identity Disorders, including transsexualism and transvestism
• Understand terms people use to describe their gender and sexuality
• Gender dysphoria outcomes and evidence
• Gender Identity Disorders and the Legal Context
Speaker: Dr Louise Theodosiou, Consultant Psychiatrist, Manchester University NHS FT
1030 Handling Complaints, Learning from Getting it Wrong• Complaints received via social media
• Breakdown of doctor-patient relationship?
• Consent and confidentiality in third party complaints
• Potential consequences of poor and good complaints handling
Speaker: Padma Reddy & Ricky Kimachia – Case Managers, Medical Protection Society
1130 Coffee break & Exhibition
1200 Demystifying the management of type 2 Diabetes
• If you’re stuck on metformin/SU, what do you need to know? Where does SGLT-2, Gliptins and GLP-1 fit in?
• The step by step type 2 diabetes management pathway:-‘The right medication for the right patient at the right time’
• Side effects & changing medication – what advice to give to patients e.g hypoglycaemia?
• Hot topic:- Cardiovascular benefit of SGLT2 and GLP-1? Is the hype real?
• Case studies to put theory into practice
Speaker: Dr Vinesh Sobha, Diabetes UK Clinical Champion & GPSI
1300 End of meeting
For paid up FDA members (personal or practice level) this event is free of charge. This includes GPs and practice nurses at FDA member practices.
For all other GPs the contribution is £30
For practice nurses at other practices the contribution is £15.